Two weeks and a short post is what you get when both of your hosts are on the road and/or occupied in such a way as to prevent a great deal of reading.
- Manhattan commercial landlords peering over the precipice – My boss was just saying the other day how maybe it’s time to start looking for a smaller, cheaper office.
- Speaking of New York institutions collapsing under coronavirus-related strain, the MTA is losing $200 million a week – … how? Amtrak’s projected losses for 2020 in its entirety are $700 million.
- Chinese submarine enters cave facility: satellite photos – A man in a golden suit met it there, as guards in nondescript, unmarked uniforms proceeded to unload gold bars from its cargo hold. Part of this entry is fiction.
- Everything old is new again: French star-fort-FOBs in Mali
- Ski Jump Super Bug: coming soon to an Indian carrier near you?
- SHORAD Stryker looking pretty good – The upside to having a cheap, badly armored AFV chassis is that it’s a great base to stick other crap on top of, cf. M113.
- Did we fly a U-2 over China’s naval exercises? – We can neither confirm nor deny, etc. etc.
- SINKEX footage!
- Video from my first USPSA major match – Not only as a shooter, but also as staff. It was a good time. Probably a bit late for any other ones this year, but that’s fine—I have some gear updates to work on anyway.
- Making a heavyweight Glock – An older video, especially considering Mr. Humble Marksman has since moved on to a Beretta.
- Busting PMAG durability myths – … by shooting one that sat loaded for twelve years.
- The wildest insurance fraud scheme Texas has ever seen – This dude has lived an extremely interesting life, which is his stated goal.
- The Air and Space Museum is working on digitizing a bunch of amazing color photos of WW2 – Color photography always makes history seem more real to me.
- Say what you like about the ChiComs, but they sure can do good propaganda – It’s a bunch of drones making a 3D light show in the sky.
- Cracking the scratch lottery code – An oldie, but a goodie.
- Remember the 1970s, and the left’s domestic terror campaign back then? – Good to be reminded that urban violence is nothing new.