- Parvusimperator and I are both still plowing our way through Shelby Foote’s book. I’m still on Volume 1; he’s nearly through Volume 2.
- He recommends Whitman Publishing’s edition of U.S. Army in World War II, because of full-color gatefold maps.
- I recommend the official in-house Many Words Press tabletop roleplaying game system, RPJ, because I wrote it and think it’s cool.
- Defending tankers and transports – The article doesn’t actually go into all that much detail, but it does raise an interesting question.
- Can we call it BB-X? – It’s either that, or embrace the ludicrous and call a 27,000-ton ship a destroyer. (Displacement not actually known.)
- Army speeds up future Modular Active Protection System for combat vehicles
- Challenger 2 Mark 2 photos
- The Drive, on the Il-20 shootdown over Syria – The Drive’s reporting on military stuff is consistently solid.
- Gothia Arms Historical Society – A collection of articles on a number of topics, including parvusimperator’s favored Fairbairn-Sykes knife.