Since most of our daily interaction here at metaphorical Soapbox World Headquarters is sending articles back and forth in the Many Words Press metaphorically-corporate Google Chat, sharing a list of articles seemed to us like a nice, low-effort way to add another day per week with a post without having to do any real work.
- Future submarine torpedo options for Australia
- Hardee’s 1862 infantry drill manual – In case you want to set up your own Civil War-era infantry regiment.
- South Korea investigates converting their helicopter landing platforms to F-35 carriers – In which the Marines’ insistence on building a better Harrier continues to be responsible for a lot of the F-35’s export success.
- Light attack aircraft for Osprey escort – MV-22s are too fast for traditional rotary-wing support, why not Ye Olde Turbine Light Attack Aircraft?
- Pour one out for USS Ling – A sad fate for one of a handful of fleet boats left.
- PBY Catalina for sale – $1.25 million or so buys you a needs-some-restoration Catalina, plus a California hangar to restore it in. We don’t have that kind of money, but if we did…
- Kermit Weeks flies a Martin Mars to Oshkosh, 2016 – Perhaps even a cooler flying boat than the Catalina.
- Rounding out seaplane week, the BV-222.
- Want a P-51 plus enough spare parts to build a squadron? $4.5 million will buy it all.
- Parvusimperator is all about his pistol compensators.
- The Cleveland Browns are terrible, but you knew that already.
- The Cleveland Indians are not terrible, and all the advanced math surrounding baseball is interesting reading.
- European basketball provides an example of why point-differential scoring is silly.
- Private censorship is still bad, writes the civil liberties director of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, stealing an idea for an article I’ve wanted to write for a while.
- Beta releases of RPJ, the house tabletop roleplaying game system of Many Words Press, are now available. Currently available: the core rules document, along with Police Cops, the hard-charging police drama RPG.