Since most of our daily interaction here at metaphorical Soapbox World Headquarters is sending articles back and forth in the Many Words Press metaphorically-corporate Google Chat, sharing a list of articles seemed to us like a nice, low-effort way to add another day per week with a post without having to do any real work.
- Future submarine torpedo options for Australia
- Hardee’s 1862 infantry drill manual – In case you want to set up your own Civil War-era infantry regiment.
- South Korea investigates converting their helicopter landing platforms to F-35 carriers – In which the Marines’ insistence on building a better Harrier continues to be responsible for a lot of the F-35’s export success.
- Light attack aircraft for Osprey escort – MV-22s are too fast for traditional rotary-wing support, why not Ye Olde Turbine Light Attack Aircraft?
- Pour one out for USS Ling – A sad fate for one of a handful of fleet boats left.
- PBY Catalina for sale – $1.25 million or so buys you a needs-some-restoration Catalina, plus a California hangar to restore it in. We don’t have that kind of money, but if we did…
- Kermit Weeks flies a Martin Mars to Oshkosh, 2016 – Perhaps even a cooler flying boat than the Catalina.
- Rounding out seaplane week, the BV-222.
- Want a P-51 plus enough spare parts to build a squadron? $4.5 million will buy it all.
- Parvusimperator is all about his pistol compensators.
- The Cleveland Browns are terrible, but you knew that already.
- The Cleveland Indians are not terrible, and all the advanced math surrounding baseball is interesting reading.
- European basketball provides an example of why point-differential scoring is silly.
- Private censorship is still bad, writes the civil liberties director of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, stealing an idea for an article I’ve wanted to write for a while.
- Beta releases of RPJ, the house tabletop roleplaying game system of Many Words Press, are now available. Currently available: the core rules document, along with Police Cops, the hard-charging police drama RPG.
Thanks for the link on the comps – confirms that my TBRCI will work good enough… if it ever shows up…
Anytime. I’ve found some load experimentation to be helpful.
I’ve been carrying mostly left over 124+ Gold Dots, once those are gone I’ve got a a few years worth of HST in 124. I expend the carry ammo at the end of a quarter (plus FMJ for more regular range work).
I’d like something for my USP 45 Tactical, but dropping the $ on a Matchweight (Al or steel) is a stretch… (plus I still need to do the hybrid match+LEM job on the USP 9). And get a P2000 so those mags I bought who knows when have a use…
124 +P Gold dots will work great, as will the HST. I’ve got the KKM comp on my G19, with the stock recoil spring assembly, and for what it’s worth it’s happy with any decently hot 9mm, but it doesn’t like really light “cheapo” loads. I may drop to a lower weight recoil spring to make that work.
If you comp the USP 45, you’ll almost certainly need to drop the recoil spring weight, or switch to .45 Super. Regular .45 ACP won’t give you enough gas to work the comp well. A buddy of mine slapped a Lone Wolf comp on an FNX-45 and had all kinds of cycling problems.
As for me, we’ll see what I feel like getting once my custom racegun gets here. Until then, I’m not letting myself buy more pistols. 🙂